Strathearn School Development Plan
The Development Plan and associated action plans for Strathearn School 2017-2020. This School Development Plan was approved by the Board of Governors on Wednesday 20 September. The plan outlines the strategic direction of Strathearn School over the next three years.
Strathearn aims to be a secure, stimulating and purposeful learning community where each member is valued and encouraged to develop confidence, self-esteem and a commitment to learning.
We seek to:
- establish a climate, based on mutual respect and consideration, where the needs of each learner are recognised and where all members of the community feel a strong sense of belonging;
- value commitment, endeavour and excellence in all areas of school life;
- provide a stimulating learning environment where each pupil has equal opportunities to develop her individual talents and abilities through the provision of a range of appropriate curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- encourage pupils to share responsibility for their learning and behaviour and to develop the initiative and self-reliance which will enable them to adapt knowledge to new situations;
- provide opportunities which allow pupils to develop interpersonal and communication skills and to work together towards recognised goals;
- provide opportunities for all pupils to experience responsibility at various levels within school;
- develop a meaningful partnership between home and school and to encourage an interest in and concern for the wider community.