Strathearn currently admits 110 girls each year into Year 8, and admission at this stage is conducted through the Transfer Offices of the Education and Library Boards. The total enrolment number of the School is 770.
Our Open Morning is planned for Saturday 11 January 2020 at which we will be delighted to show parents and prospective pupils around our school.
Transfer 2019 - Year 8 September 2020
Parents of pupils who are sitting the AQE assessments in Strathearn School should have received a letter detailing information regarding the Familiarisation Afternoon and other details. If you have not received anything by Wednesday 23 October please contact the school. Copies of the information may be viewed from the links below.
AQE will send out the results of the assessments to parents to arrive on Saturday 25 January 2020.
Entrance Assessments Information for Parents of P6/P7 pupils
Strathearn is one of many Grammar schools where the result from the AQE Common Entrance Assessment will be an essential part of the admissions procedure for September 2020. Registration forms will be available via the following the link. Forms are also available from the School and have been sent to all Primary Schools. Below is some information for parents of pupils currently in P6 who wish to consider sitting the assessment.
1. The assessments will be held on three Saturday mornings; 9 November, 23 November and 30 November 2019.
2. In October, we will write to all parents whose children will be sitting the CEA in Strathearn with full details of the arrangements. Some of this is summarised below.
3. Strathearn will be holding an information afternoon on Monday 4 November 2019 for all pupils who will be sitting the assessments in Strathearn and to which parents are invited. On that afternoon pupils will be taken through the arrangements that will apply on each of the test mornings; that is, he/she will meet their invigilator, be taken to the desk assigned for him/her in the classroom in which he/she will be sitting each of the assessments and given practical information and get to ask questions. Pupils will not be sitting an actual practice assessment.
4. Pupils can sit the assessment at any of the participating Grammar schools – it does not matter where the assessment has been sat – that has no bearing as to which school the pupil may wish to apply for admission.
5. Parents must apply to AQE if they wish their son/daughter to sit the assessment. Applications forms will be available from Strathearn or any of the other Grammar schools, may be downloaded from this website or the AQE website (www.aqe.org.uk) or from some of the Primary Schools. Completed forms must be sent to AQE – not to any of the schools – closing date 6 September 2019.
Information released by AQE may be downloaded using the following links:
Special Circumstances/Special Provision
If a candidate’s performance in the CEA has been affected by circumstances beyond his/her control or if he/she was not able to be present to sit the assessment, parents/guardians may wish to apply for Special Circumstances or Special Provision following the assessment. Information about the process may be obtained via the following links:
Parents considering an application for Special Provision should contact the School as soon as possible and speak with Mrs White (PA to Principal).