Strathearn aims to be a secure, stimulating and purposeful learning community where each member is valued and encouraged to develop confidence, self-esteem and a commitment to learning.
We seek to:
- establish a climate, based on mutual respect and consideration, where the needs of each learner are recognised and where all members of the community feel a strong sense of belonging;
- value commitment, endeavour and excellence in all areas of school life;
- provide a stimulating learning environment where each pupil has equal opportunities to develop her individual talents and abilities through the provision of a range of appropriate curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- encourage pupils to share responsibility for their learning and behaviour and to develop the initiative and self-reliance which will enable them to adapt knowledge to new situations;
- provide opportunities which allow pupils to develop interpersonal and communication skills and to work together towards recognised goals;
- provide opportunities for all pupils to experience responsibility at various levels within school;
- develop a meaningful partnership between home and school and to encourage an interest in and concern for the wider community.